1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EUB club (electric upright bass club)

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by solutionbassist, Apr 20, 2010.

1. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    Couldn't find a club for eub players. So i made my own!!!!!!!:hyper::bassist:
    ive got a palentino, sunbirst heres a pic
    nobleschoolofmusic.com

2. You'll find EUB discussion on the DB side of TB

3. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
  4. powerbass

powerbass

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    I'm in made my own EUB

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    No pic, no made-your-own EUB.

6. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    cool like it =]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Signing up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. uprightbass.com

uprightbass.com

Jul 28, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is not compensated for endorsements. Does not sell for profit.
    I don't get why on the BG side there is so much enthusiasm for creating "clubs" for everything. It's pretty ridiculous, or maybe that's the whole joke.

9. MR PC

MR PC Banned

Dec 1, 2007
    :eek:.......as a tool, the axe evolved from a club.:D

Actually, this is not a bad idea. There are a lot of interesting EUB's. I myself enjoy seeing and hearing some of the more unusual models.:)

10. uprightbass.com

uprightbass.com

Jul 28, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is not compensated for endorsements. Does not sell for profit.
    So before the clawhammer was invented, the club was used to fix everything, perhaps. Those that are still less evolved probably still resort to solving problems with a club.

A club for the EUB, I figured that's what this sub-forum is for.

11. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    no knockin making ur own eub the first guy i met who had one built for him. hes a PRO

12. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

It would not be so bad except that the annual dues for each club have to be submitted within days of each other. In this economic downturn I decided I could not bear the financial burden and downsized my memberships to just two; but if the members of the EUB club are acceptable to the suggestion I would still like to attend the occasional meeting as I do have an Azola Bub Bass II .....:bag:

13. powerbass

powerbass

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    My DIY EUB, 34" scale, piezo PU

Attached Files:

14. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    Picture of the Ergo 4 string I have at home and the latest progress picture of an Ergo 8 string being built. The progress pic was taken on April 17, 2010.

Attached Files:

15. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Maybe we should start a club club... if you try to start a club, Paul Warburton comes over to your house and beats you with a club. :D

16. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Sorry, couldn't help myself. Here's what I use now, my NS Omni, from a gig a coupla weeks ago with Dave Benoit. It works really well for his style of music.

Look, ma, no endpin. Love it. I wouldn't want to live without some type of EUB as an option at this point.

17. JtheJazzMan

JtheJazzMan

Apr 10, 2006
    Australia
    Doesnt the shoulder hurt your back in though?

I used the endpin attachment for a while but settled back on the original tripod. Its good for sitting down with, terrible for standing.

Also, despite sinking much more money into my acoustic bass, the NS does get more gig action.

18. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Nope, the bass is light, and it balances right over my center.

19. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    sweet basses like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=]