Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eub / Db

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by madsky, Aug 24, 2001.

1. madsky

madsky

Apr 21, 2001
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Hi all... Never posted in double bass section before :p ... well - i'm in an orchestral band ... and about to throw my alto saxophone over the bridge [figurative of course] ... :rolleyes: i always got bored of the treble clef :D

I am looking for a double bass... I live in Thailand ... where its on the other side of the world ... i don't know what to buy but my teachers say it is VERY expensive ...

What brands are good AND cheap ? [budget of 3000$] ... and yes i am new to double basses :)

Also ... should i start out with an electric upright ? or just a normal double bass ... i'm not so sure

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, as you might not get somebody who knows anything about the situation in Thailand, the most sensible suggestion might be to ask your teacher or any local bass teachers what they think you should buy. I think everybody will say that you will need a bass teacher anyway, so you could get this part sorted out first and then ask that teacher what to get.

3. madsky

madsky

Apr 21, 2001
    Bangkok, Thailand
    True ... there are very few double basses player ... around a few hundreds ... and the rest are just electric basses ... my teacher is locating "a teacher for me" ... so i'll ask him later