Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eub idea

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by warwickben, May 5, 2002.

1. could you buy a upright neck that has a finger board on it .set it in to like a 2x4 or what shape of body you want and you put the upright bridge on the board and you get a eub if u add a picup. would this work.

2. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    U get what U pay 4. Let other folks make the beginner mistakes 4 U.

3. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Add a tailpiece and an endpin and it would create a low pitched controllable sound.

Seriously, go to (All Hail) Bob Gollihur's page he's got a huge section on EUB's you'll get plenty of ideas.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That sounds pretty much like the bass that Eberhard Weber played in the old days. I repeat; go over to the MIMF website; there's lots of info and folks who can help you there.

5. see iam 16 and i want a upright ,but i dont got cash .so there no way i could pay for a real upright and eub are to much for me to.i been looking at alot of eubs and it seems all it is a neck hooked on to board with a bridge and tail peaice.can some one help me out on the neck all i need to figure out is how to connect the neck to the board.were can you buy necks.

i belive i could make this i have made a bass befor.

6. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    I am feeling magnanimous today so I will make it really easy for you.

http://www.urbbob.com/basslink.html

Go there. Read. Learn. Go back and read some more. Follow all the links in the parts section and in the EUB section. The answers to all your questions are there. If you get stuck then, as Marcus suggests, ask the luthiers who frequent the forum at:

http://www.mimf.com

Did you even try to look these sites up before posting again? I hope your luthiery skills are backed up with more accuracy and initiative than your websurfing skills.

7. yes i went to those sites befor i posted the frist time.

8. Keep looking everywhere for a bass with your eyes and ears open, I found a 1/2 size bass for $20 at a garage sale. total cost was about $ 200 total
    with a lot of my of my own labor. It has a home made pickup similar to a Realist. The other day a recording engineer said It Recorded great. So keep your eyes and ears open the bargans are out there somewhere.

9. iam trying to find a a upright finger board.what scale are up rights i want liek a full size like the ns eub size.

10. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Fingerboards are readily available; I've been selling rosewood boards through eBay lately. Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=864194216

If you are interested in one contact me directly at bob@gollihur.com

11. i have emailed u but you never got back to me.

is the back of the finger board flat.

bob your site is the reason i have decied to make a eub.i just have some ?. i want know some thing if you could help me, when iam making the neck how far shold the back of the neck go down the finger board .also i plan on using a regular upright bridge ,i want to use the smallist brdge i can but not sure what typ.i really dont know the much about uprights so if you can help its would mean a great deal. also i want to make my bass the same scale as the ns upright can i use the finger board you sent me a link two and what should the scale be.