EUB playing stand

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by gypsydjango, Oct 21, 2011.

1. gypsydjango

gypsydjango

Jul 9, 2009
    UK
    I have seen EUB players play whilst playing their EUB on a stand. What make of EUB comes with a such a stand? Anybody seen pics. of the combination?

2. You mean a tripod?
    I think most NS EUBs are played on a tripod.
    Also the Ergo, Dean, Kydd come to mind.

3. gypsydjango

gypsydjango

Jul 9, 2009
    UK
    Thank you for he reply Francois. I am not sure what you mean by a tripod?--as I have never seen a close-up of a player playing with an EUB on a stand---do manufacture's of the EUB make their own playing stand? Does 'one size fit all?'

4. check out drum hardware

5. I stole a mounting bracket from a tom on my drum set that I am not using and attached that to the back of my EUB. Then I took the adjustable ball-socket mount and stand that went into the kick drum for the tom and put it into a heavy-duty music stand. I plan to replace the music stand with tom stand or cymbal stand - but the principle is the same.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

6. nicechuck

nicechuck

Jul 9, 2007
    A cymbal stand works for the Palatino upright also

7. gypsydjango

gypsydjango

Jul 9, 2009
    UK
    Many thanks for your replies.
    I think I will make my own as 'tZer' suggests--sounds a solid idea--great pictures. Many Thanks. Mike

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021