Eudoxa D and G

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by brianh, Aug 22, 2005.

1. brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    I've been using Eudoxa D and G with Spirocore E and A. I play mostly jazz gigs but I also play in orchestra from time to time.

I'm unsure about the Eudoxa's.....

After a week or so, I haven't had anymore intonation problems with the Eudoxas. They sound great with the bow. However, I'm finding them hard to play and the pizz sound is kind of dull....

anyone tried them?

also, any suggestions for an E string aside from Spirocore. The new formula lacks my opinion..

2. dfp

dfp Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    when you say "hard to play" what do you mean? I found Eudoxa to be harder to bow smoothly than many strings, so I ditched them for Superflexible. they bow better for me than Eudoxa or Oliv and of course better than Spirocore, and they pizz similar to a Spirocore, though they mellow out more than Spiro after a couple weeks. so you might like them for your G and D. certainly more clear and focused than Eudoxa. lots of people have their fave hybrid string, i'm sure you won't have to wait long for more ideas!

new formula? i thought that was a myth, or at best a matter of speculation...?
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you ever want to sell the D, let me know.
  4. brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    As with any string, I find myself really liking the Eudoxas some days, and others, i hate them....maybe it's me...

Anyways, I find the Eudoxa's have a huge sound and are very nice with the bow. However, probably since I'm used to spirocores, I find the tone to be kind of dull and unfocussed....but it shakes a room! Also, since the strings are very thick, I'm having a hard time playing them. I keep thinking that I will adjust to them, but no luck...