Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eudoxa E string

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by pipeman, Mar 28, 2005.

1. pipeman

pipeman

Mar 20, 2005
    brooklyn,n.y.
    considering buying this string because i have an A eudoxa and a G and D olive. i have tried the olive E string and it is dead and too big. wondering if the eudoxa E is playable with pizz and arco and if it has a decent amount of tension relative to the A, D , and D i mentioned......

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS

I used the Eudox E & A with the Oliv D & G for years. Terrific pizz setup, and they sound very nice with the bow, although they are a little less tolerant than the 180's I use now. You can overplay them, and they have a narrower sweet spot.

3. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Eudoxa E is great for pizz and arco. I found however on my current bass that I had to go to a steel string as the Eudoxa E just didn't have enough tension and didn't sound nor play the same as it did on a previous bass. That is an example that results vary with each bass.

4. pipeman

pipeman

Mar 20, 2005
    brooklyn,n.y.
    thanks allot for the input guys....

5. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    How about filling your public TB profile, pipeman?
    Gear, location, etc.
    Thanks in advance!

6. pipeman

pipeman

Mar 20, 2005
    brooklyn,n.y.
    was wondering if anyone would know if there is more tension on the eudoxa d string in comparison to the olive d string....

7. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Thanks for filling in your profile, pipeman.
    Yes, the Eudoxa D is higher tension or, at least, feels stiffer than the Oliv D. But since they're both gut core, I suppose they have more tension.