Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eudoxa Life Span

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by bdengler, Dec 30, 2001.

1. bdengler

bdengler

Jan 23, 2000
    New Albany, Ohio
    Does anyone know the life span of the new Eudoxa strings (the gut core, silver wound type)? I hear stories about the synthetic core strings (e.g., Obligatos) having short life spans....I'm curious about the gut core versions.

Thanks!

2. It varies. Last year I had a set of Olivs on the bass for 13 months. If I had had the money I probably would've changed them after 8 or 9. I just took off a set of Animas after only 3 months. I had no choice, my bass sounded like a mushy piece of dogcrap landing on cold cement.

I was getting really fed up with the way they wouldn't let me do some things with the bow anyway. I just put two olivs on top and two eudoxas on the bottom.

BTW, I think good climate control goes along way in maintain gut strings.

3. bdengler

bdengler

Jan 23, 2000
    New Albany, Ohio
    Eight months doesn't sound bad. I hear some bad stories about the Obligatos not lasting long (I realize they're synthetic core), so I was worried that the gut-cores may not last as long, either. I love the way the Eudoxas respond to the bow.

I agree with you on the Animas. My metaphor would be that they sound like dog crap falling on wet sand. Really mushy. Thanks for your response, and Happy New Year!

:cool: