euphonic audio 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by r_simonini, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Is this amp very good? Currently I have an SWR 350 prof. series. I need a bit more power (ea rated at 1200W) and a bit more clarity. Is this a powerful amp? I have heard good things but never played one. thank you to any owners for responding.

2. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I have been using an iAMP350 bass amp for about the last year, and am very pleased with it. I use it primarily for bass guitar although I have also used it with my string bass for loud big band gigs. On the bass guitar gigs, I've never been able to use all of its power, even when playing outside. I play with a three-horn band doing R&B/Motown/Disco and swing, and while we are not as loud as the heavy rockers, I've wanted a lot of sound. I have been running the iAMP thru 2 EA speakers, a VL110 and a VL208. The amp is extremely clean and hi-fi sounding. I replaced an Eden WT400 with this amp, and like the EA much better than the Eden. I also find it sounds much warmer and flat across the audio spectrum than the SWR gear.

All this praise not withstanding, I am also selling the amp and have it listed on Harmony-Central. I'm selling it because I recently got a new Walter Woods Ultra which can do everything I need and want and more.

Los Angeles
  3. I am using the iAmp 350 with a CXL-112. First off, the 1200W is a peak wattage. The RMS is 350 at 4 Ohms and 250 at 8 ohms. I bought this after having the SWR Super Redhead, so basically a Bass 350 with the Goliath Jr. I would say that the volume difference is marginal at best. The iAmp 350 really doesn't offer any more power than the Bass 350. I do prefer the sound and the weight of the new rig, though.

If you like the EA sound and need to increase your volume, I would suggest getting the iAmp 800, whenever it comes out, apparently this month. It is 800W at 4 ohms and will go to 1000W at 2 ohms. This would probably more likely to be significantly louder that the Bass 350. I play small clubs and have had no volume problems with the iAmp, but on the other hand, the Super Redhead didn't either.

4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's coming out this month...and last month...and the month before that...and the month before that.... :rolleyes:

brad cook
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What cab are you going to be playing it through? I bought an iAmp-350 and was playing it through an Eden D410-T and wasn't real satisfied with the tone. I know it supposed to give you the sound of your bass but I've heard the sound of my Fodera NYC Empire many times through hi-end, flat systems and that wasn't it. I'm thinking that maybe I just needed to push more wattage through the 8 ohm 4x10. Maybe with a more ideal cab (which I couldn't afford at the time, nor can I now) it would have produced the flat, authentic sound of my bass that people always talk about iAmps producing. Anyway...I ended up sending it back and getting a fantastic deal on an SWR SM-500 so I took that. I've always liked the SWR sound and it had the wattage that I needed. I feel like if you're going to go with the iAmp-350 you need to get an efficient, flat response, high-end cab to go with it. Something like Bergantino, EA cabs, or Epifani. I guess it might sound good with a mid-level 2x10. It had plenty of bottom, that's for sure, so I'd recommend trying to find a cab that is rated low enough to allow the iAmp to reproduce the fundamental accurately through it. (41hz if your 4 string, 30 hz if +/-3db)

that's my two cents,
    brad cook
  6. Thank you all for your replys
  7. It sounds like, from your comments about eden not working with ea, that there are almost two different schools of amplifiers/cabinets:

1. epifani, ea, bergantino, accugroove, glockenlang
    which are a clear,accurate,full range, unaltered amplification. more approppriate for jazz, quieter settings.

2.aguilar, swr, david eden
    which are a more colored representation of the bass tone. more appropriate for rock, louder settings.

Is this accurate?
  8. I haven't tried the iAmp with a cab other than the EA CXL-112 and the VL-110. I will take it and try it with the speaker section of the Super Redhead and see what happens. Let you know.

9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You could say that although some of the above statements would fall into the category of opinion. Also some of the brands above have a little of both. For instance...Eden is known for the Eden sound and the low-mid hump, however they've recently released the XST series which are flat response, full range cabs without the low-mid hump.

Also, not to say that you can't mix the above and get good results. I think the problem for me with the EA head and Eden cab wasn't that I was mixing the Eden sound and the EA sound...I think the cab just needed more wattage to really sing. YMMV.

brad cook
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea Digme,

you were only pushing 250 watts into a 4x10 cab that could handle 500 watts, so of course, its not gonna open up and sound its best. my iAMP350 w/ my Bergie HT112 sounds like liquid gold.
  11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup. Same with my iamp600 and HT112. Sweet.
  12. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, not really. Lotta generalisations there. Too many to really take to task, in fact!
  13. I use an iAMP600 which is more or less a more powerful version of the 350 ( I've been told the 350 is quieter than the 600 but I don't find the 600 all that noisey) I've used it with my Vl208/110, with a CXL112 and an eden 210T. I find it sounds great with all the cabs although I prefer the sound of it with the 112. If I am doing a loud gig (funk, salsa) I combine the 112 and 210. This sounds great. I think the iAmp sounds fine with my eden but the cab colours the sound more. I don't find that the EA 112 is only for quiter gigs. It kicks better than all the 210s I've played through.