Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Audio Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Aug 17, 2001.

1. I was checking out the EA website and there amps looked very attractive. I was wondering if anyone owns, or has played an i300/600 amp. How do they sound, and are they as versatile as they look?
    Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Recently purchased an iAMP 600. Very well designed with 4 usable presets as well as EQ which allows for very versatile tone shaping. The built in tuner is also very useful. The 600 has a quieter fan that the earlier 300 has also. I run direct and have always use a rig primarily as a stage monitor. However, the band I work with plays VERY loud (regretably), especially as we get into our 2nd and 3rd sets and we play often outdoors during the warm weather seasons where even more stage volume liberties are taken. I therefore, have seen the clip light flash a little too often as I try to keep up and may now need to sell. If anyone interested...........
    Its actually a very good sounding amp and in a medium or even large room with reasonably intelligent stage volume levels, a person shouldn't have any problem with this amp. My problem is with our band's stage volume, not the iAMP. I even need to wear ear plugs ( but not always) if that tells you anything.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    FYI the iAMP 350 is readily available but the 600 model sold out a while back, though it is possible one may be available from a dealer. The new iAMP 750 was introduced at NAMM last month and will be available soon.

I had an iAMP 600 for a couple weeks earlier this year and played it through my EA VL-208 and VL-210; very sweet and versatile head, neutral sounding, almost tube-like quality.

Disclaimer: I recently became a dealer for Euphonic Audio- http://www.bobthebassguy.com/ea.html