Euphonic Audio Cxl-10" & 12" Series Blown Speakers - Owner Info Needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hifibass, Sep 29, 2017.

1. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Howdy, I'm trying to see how many affected owners of EA CxL-Series 10"&12" cabs with blown speakers are out there. As you may know EA states that "the manufacturer no longer offers rebuild kits for these drivers". Before I venture deeper into this issue to see if a resolution can be worked out with the manufacturer, I'd like an idea of how many effected speakers may be out there. If something can be worked out and a run of rebuild kits were made available..... would you have your speakers repaired? I have no interest in finding "someone to blame" but possibly a resolution could be worked out with someone.... either the manufacturer, one of their "suggested repair agencies" or Euphonic Audio.

Please let me know if you are affected and if you'd repair your speakers if possible. Thanks in advance for your input. Ken

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. JoeyCronin

JoeyCronin

May 5, 2006
    Both my cxl12 blew in the 1st month. EA said it was my fault and it voided the coverage. I took pics and sent them to Eminence and the said it was their fault due to the glue being bad. The called EA and Eminence replace both speakers. my i350c 10 coax blew and it was out of warrantee. I sent it out to be redone and it was repaired.

I have an extra reconing kit for the 10 coax if some one needs it.

murphy likes this.
  3. JoeyCronin

JoeyCronin

May 5, 2006
    currently have
    one i800c, & two cxl112 cabs
    one i350c & one cxl10 cab
    one recone kit for the cxl10 (knew they were being discontinued and got an extra one a few years a go still have it.)

4. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    The recone kit that JoeyCronin had is now not available. Just FYI.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  5. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    BUMP

6. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Guess it's not that big a deal.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Never mind Ken, we still love ya!! :D

I must admit I thought you’d get a better responses to your "public service" post!

8. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    ME TOO!

9. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    No wonder your avatar looks so upset.

BassmanPaul likes this.
  10. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    OK, Eminence, the OEM manufacturer of the CxL 10" & 12" speakers, will in fact manufacture runs of recone kits for these speakers. They will ONLY sell them to EA as per an established contract. There is a minimum order of 10 kits per size. Unless we can find someone to buy the kits in a lot (one of the speaker repair companies?), apparently EA doesn't want to stock them, we're in limbo. So now you know there is a resolution to this problem, too bad EA doesn't care to help.

BassmanPaul likes this.
  11. wneff

wneff

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    BTW, I DO have a CXL112 driver that is probably OK - I got it because the cab distorted, after I put in the replacement driver it was STILL distorting, and found it was not the driver. So, chances are the driver I have is OK, IM me if you need one and want to try it.

12. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    After getting a new 12 replacement sent to me every other week, I gave up and moved on to Bergantino

13. I have an EA 2-10 with one blown speaker.

14. wneff

wneff

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    What model?

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022