Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Audio CXL 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mac the Bassman, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Hi everyone - my first post, so here goes....

I play in a couple of jazz outfits, mainly in pubs. I currently use a SWR Triad cabinet (400 watts @ 4 ohms) and I really like the clean sound and the full-range delivery. It can also handle the odd occasion when I need to play loud, such as funk gigs.

However the Triad is big, awkward and quite heavy to transport around and I am considering replacing with an EA CXL112 which is smaller, lighter and hopefully a more practical all-round cabinet. My question is, will the EA do the job, i.e. will it sound as good as the Triad and will it be as loud, or am I expecting too much from a 12 inch speaker?

Thank you in anticipation..

Mac

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The EA CXL112 will sound louder than the triad. It is far more efficient, and you should be able to get a lot more volume out of it. It is a really good sounding cab. Very punchy, with crystal clear highs. I would completely recommend it for Funk and Jazz.

I am presently using an Aguilar GS210 for my Jazz gigs, and it sounds great! Maybe not as clear sounding as the EA would though.

3. Thanks Adrian, this is very helpful.