Euphonic Audio CxL-112??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Oct 11, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Anyone play a EA CxL-112? How do they sound? I own a CxL-110,it sounds great but not enough low end. I'm looking to sell the cab and get two CxL-112
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    do a search,

the EA's one of the more popularly discussed cabs here. i'm sure you'll find more than enough useful info!
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There was a clean CxL-112 on for $500. I just bought an F bass and a friend of mine just bought an iAmp350 from the same seller. Good guy. I'd buy it it I wasn't up to my eyeballs in nice cabs.
  4. I picked up a CXL112 a few weeks ago and it's replacing my Mesa Boogie 1x15 and Hartke 2x10. I've been playing at (unfortunately) VERY high volume levels :-(

The sound projects much better than the two cabinets - guys who used to make me turn down love the sound, and even people in the audience are amazed at the clarity and tight bottom. From my viewpoint, it sounds a little distorted, but it sounds clear at about 15 feet.

I'd feel more comfortable with a second CXL112, but we're talking about having the volume on my Walter Woods Ultra at 12 O'Clock - that's an
    awful lot of power to be pushing. It'd probably add some more bottom, and I wouldn't worry about blowing a $650 speaker, but everyone everyone says it sounds great.

I'd say to for it - the 10 and 12 will probably sound awsome together.

Good Luck,

5. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I just picked up my second Cxl112. I've used one 112 with an old VL110 and it sounds terrific but with two EA 112s I'm covered for any gig. The coupling of the two 112s really sounds huge but even at a lower volume there's just a lot of low end girth.
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I agree. I recently got bought an EA VL208 to use as a single cabinet for straight ahead jazz gigs which don't require a lot of volume. While both the 208 and the CXL112 sound great, I think the 208 is a bit more transparent. For louder gigs where I need volume, presence, and coverage, I'll take the 2 12's. For in-between situations, the 12 and the 208 make a great combination, as they compliment each other very well. If I were thinking strictly of BG situations, I'd go for either the 10 and the 12 or 2 12's.