1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Euphonic Audio CXL112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Mar 18, 2006.

1. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I would just send the driver...to get checked and maybe replaced....BUT you need to remove the horn magnet..ie the smaller one, which unscrews...But you'll need a pipe wrench..rubber band type tool to remove it...so the magnets don't get damaged.
    They are glued with white glue and can be tough to unscrew.
    Good luck!!

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I agree that taking the speaker out makes the most sense. Might want to leave the whole thing intact though for John to see. Let us know if its OK to send the driver on its own.

As for availability for a replacement driver, last I checked they still had replacement CXL110 drivers so hopefully a replacement 112 is available as opposed to the 112L. I have a 112L replacement and it appears to be one big honkin' magnet on the back.

3. I just got an email back, saying he would like the whole cab. It might be something to do with baffling or an air leak.

Beats me. I'll probably bite the bullet and send the thing off.

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Good point. I did not think of that. John is the expert. What does that bumper sticker say? "Don't ask me, I'm just the bass player."

Keep us posted. John will look after you I'm sure.

5. arizonabass

arizonabass

Feb 6, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    You're the only person I've ever? heard say it sounds thin. It shouldn't sound that way - no way. Unless you only spent $50 or so on your original purchase, I wouldn't balk at spending $52 for freight to get it sounding right (unless there's a fee for the service). Such is my opinion.... (proud owner of a CxL-112L)