1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Euphonic Audio (EA) iAmp Micro 550

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by soulstew, Mar 27, 2018.

1. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Price:
    $429
    (Price includes shipping CONUS)
    Before there was the Trace Elliot Elf, there was the EA Micro. Almost as tiny, but with nearly three times the power. These only rarely come up for sale--even less than their fraternal twin the legendary EA Iamp Doubler. The Micro is basically the same amp as the Doubler, but without the XLR input, phantom power, notch filter and phase adjustment, all of which are geared for mic-ing an upright bass. The Micro still has two independent channels, though, so you can run two EQ profiles (for finger and slap, for example) for a single bass, or connect two basses and switch between the two.

I had a Doubler I'd been using as a backup and stupidly sold it a few months ago to fund another purchase, and have been on a search for another one or a Micro ever since. I finally ended up buying this Micro on ebay last week: Euphonic Audio iAMP Micro Bass Guitar Amplifier | eBay

While I was waiting for the Micro to arrive, I ended up unexpectedly making a deal on some NOS from a local music store where my daughter takes voice lessons. Among those pieces was a Fender Rumble 150 that has a surprising amount of oomf--enough to carry most of my gigs in a pinch, especially as a backup.

Which to keep? The Rumble is a great reasonably price backup/practice/small venue head, and the Micro is a little dynamo with the trademark EA clarity and high current capability.

My solution is to let you decide for me. I've listed both, and whichever one sells first, I'll keep the other one.

Weight: 2.3 lbs.
    Size: 2.1″H x 8.5″W x 5.4″D

2 independent channels-Channel 1 Mid EQ set at 500Hz for electric bass, Channel 2 Mid EQ set at 800Hz for upright/acoustic bass.

Note--one thing I love about this Micro and the Doubler is that the effects loop is PARALLEL, not series, so you can mix the dry and effected signal, and best of all you can use the return as an auxiliary input with its own volume control, for playing along with an iPod, CD player, phone, drum machine, etc. Nifty and useful.

upload_2018-3-27_22-33-53.
    upload_2018-3-27_22-35-16. upload_2018-3-27_22-35-39.

PM me with questions. No trades, please. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018