1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Euphonic Audio iAmp 200 head questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lia_G, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Hey, folks,

Just a few questions about the iAmp 200 head:

1) What's the actual weight? The EA site says 8 pounds, but the Wizzy combo manual says the head alone is 10.5 pounds.

2) Is there anything special about the 'Link Out', or is it just a balanced line-level output? I'm thinking of taking a line out from an iAmp head into the effects return of my Acoustic Image Clarus SL head to power an extra Wizzy cab, rather than purchasing the powered Wizzy cab ... will that work with the 'Link Out' or should I use the tuner out?

3) Is it safe to use as a preamp with no speaker load, so long as the speaker button is turned off? It's so light (I'm hoping that it's 8 pounds ...) that I'm thinking it could also be thrown in my carry on and used as a preamp, so I could just spec a power amp for backline road gigs, instead of worrying over what head I'm going to end up with ...

Thanks for any help!!

Regards,

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I will email Gary at EA and post some answers for you.

3. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    John put one on his scale tonight. About 10 llbs.

Gary wrote back: The Link Out is just like you indicated, in that it is just your standard XLR line out like used on everything else. A regular mic cable is all you need. Should work fine with the Clarus. You can also use the tuner out; see which one gives the lowest noise and best control over volume.

Yes, make sure the speaker switch is in the off position if there is no speaker connected.

Hope that is helpful information for you Liam.

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Steve, thanks so much for the information! And please pass many thanks along to Gary for his prompt help also ...

Thank You!!!

:)

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Glad I could help you out.

6. appler

appler Guest

Does the iAMP-200 run safely at two ohms?