Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Audio iAMP 350 Combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by PlayTheBass, Apr 6, 2005.

1. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Euphonic Audio iAMP 350 Combo (S/N i35010085) in absolutely perfect condition. I hesitate to say "flawless", but I think this may be as close as it gets. I can't find a scratch or scuff on it. This has been my "TV room" amp for years so I could have something to practice with while watching The Simpsons, and has only left the house maybe twice for rehearsals when my regular rehearsal rig was out of service. I just haven't even touched it in a couple years since I redid my home theatre and moved it into a closet (stupid reason, I know, but ah well).

This is an awesome, warm-sounding, and powerful amp. It sounds great and very loud with just the combo alone, but you can easily add a second cab if you want an even bigger sound.

New it was $1200, and I'm not really sure what to ask for it. It's in such excellent, like-new condition, I'd like to get $1,000, but I'm open to offers if that's not realistic. Thanks!

2. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I just got one of these amps...they sound INCREDIBLE!! With a second cab, game over!
    I got mine as a straight across trade for a Schroeder cab, which I paid 600 for. 1000 might be a tad high, but since they're no longer available, that number is probably right on the money. I think I just got a steal of a deal!

Bump for the baddest combo on the planet! :D

3. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    :) Dude, stop -- you're making me not want to sell it!

You did get a steal of a deal, for sure... nice.

(Thanks for the bumpin' bump!)

4. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    PM sent :p
    Hey Jacochops , how does this thing handle the low b??

5. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Reply back atcha! :)

I'm curious to hear what Jacochops has to say, but I'll throw in my two cents here... I just went and fired it up to refresh my memory on the B-string performance (using my old Sadowsky Modern 5), and it was typical of EA's gear: great, clear sound on the low B. Perhaps a little lacking in oomph with controls set flat (it is, after all, a single 10" speaker), but the EQ quickly rounds it out.

I had it up to a level that was uncomfortable for my ears (gain & vol both at 12 o'clock), and the B-string was tight and loud, and not the least bit farty.

6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    That, my friend is putting it lightly! Thank TB for that massive Shroeder thread :p

Mike

7. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hey!
    With the "Fat Bass" switch engaged (I forgot what it's labeled, but it should be called the "Booty Switch"!), it sounds 50 times its size. It can do the Low B thing well, but where it really shines is with an extension cab...I'm getting a Low Down Sound cab with 3 8's and a midrange driver to pair up with it.

I almost (I said almost :D ) feel guilty about getting the amp for next to nothing.....

'Nutha bump!!

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy crap,

i'm SOOO gas'ed...

9. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Didn't you used to have an iAmp350?

BTW, I use an iAmp350 with a CXL110 which is about the same config as the combo for sale. Let me say that I use it for most gigs, and it sounds bigger than it's size. The iAmp350 is a great sounding solid state head with plenty of bark, as well as tons of useful features. Plus the thing is light weight and easy to carry.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yessir,

but have been kicking myself for not choosing the iAMP combo, instead of the separates. that combo was just too cool.

11. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Okily dokily folks, after finding some other of these babies listed for sale (I did numerous searches on TB, eBay, H-C, etc. before I posted this thread and came up with zip, but I must have had my idiot head on, because since then I found a couple -- I think I looked on ALL TB forums before, when I should have concentrated here in this forum -- duh... :rolleyes: ), I'm thinking a reasonable price would be in the $850 range.

So, there you have it -- new, lower price! New, lower carbs! More flaxseed oil! Less talk, more rock! More flaxseed oil!!

12. PM'd ya

13. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Still for sale... I posted some pics on my site (just a bare bones page of four big pics, no thumbnails or anything):

http://www.playthebass.com/forsale/iamp350.html

$850 OBO, or will trade for Jaco's Bass Of Doom (I'm going to give it back to his family... after I, you know, maybe play it just a little...)

14. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    OK, no takers, so one last try before I just end up keeping it... $800.

15. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    PM sent

16. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent!

dcrood

17. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004