Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Audio iamp 350 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Apr 25, 2005.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, they don't make 'em anymore, but I recently lucked up on this one from our own PlayTheBass (thank you, Sean!) and it's a pretty impressive little monster! ;)

Read my review here , if you like, and then keep an eye out for one if you have the need for such a thing (and who doesn't, from time to time?) :cool:

Attached Files:

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    UPDATE:

After getting the OK from Gary Gibilisco, I added the 4 ohm Wizzy to this combo for a 2.6 ohm load (Gary said no prob as long as I didn't drive it to sustained, max power).

All I can say is: WOW!

I honestly don't think I've heard a punchier rig with this much clarity. With my Zon Legacy Elite 6er is was pretty unreal. Talk about a small, suberb rig! :D Two gigs this weekend should tell the tale...but, man.... :eek:

3. Carl.... your killing me..... I know you're enjoying it... aren't you.... well... how about a Boogiebass shoot out 'ala' Tombowlus style... come on man you got the stuff....

Looking at the menu....
    I'd like to order for tasting

HT/EX
    HT/T112
    Whappo Jr.
    iAmp350 combo/Wizzy

All one twelves.... smorgasboard.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sounds good! 'cept you realize the 350combo has a 10 in it, right? ;)

5. I do now... Doh!
    Do it any way.... :D

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Can do...will do! :p

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'd be interested in hearing what you think of such a comparison!

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I played a small restaurant/bar this past weekend with the 350 combo and Wizzy. Mercy. Mama. :D

Without question, the most clarity with full-range in a mini-stack I've ever used. And you can tilt back the combo on top of the Wizzy to hear it...uh...really well. The Wizzy adds that low-end and low-mid warmth while the 10 gives you such clean upper mids and highs that, I'm almost speechless.

OK, hyperbole aside, a mighty tasty little rig. More testing is called for. And I have that CXL110 coming in this week, too...life is good! ;)

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Hmmm... I may have to try one Wizzy and one CxL-110 with my iAMP 800 now! :p

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Bet it would be good. But keep in mind that the 800 and 350 are sonically somewhat different. The 600 would probably be closer to the 350 in terms of tone but, of course, I'm sure the 800 would rock those two cabs.

In case your wondering, btw, Gary assured me that the 350 would drive the 2.6 ohm load with no problems. Based on my recent gig experience, he was right! :D

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Got my new CXL110 and paired it up this past weekend with the little combo. Very impressive. I played a medium-sized bar with pool tables, booths and a dancefloor and that little mini-stack gave me all I needed. And here's the good part: with my blues/rock trio the output level was never above 3 with everything flat! ;)

I'm really wondering what I'm doing with a garage full of rigs at this point. :eek:

[​IMG]

12. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

Do you prefer the CXL110 or the Wizzy for the second cab?

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good question. The 10 is a little punchier and clearer, I think. But the Wizzy sure fills out the low-end. I give up: I can't choose! :D

14. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Hey, you're welcome, my friend! :) I'm so glad my little monster has gone to a good home! I gotta check out your review now... :)

I tell you, I'm down to just my Wizzies, and I am LOVING them in every playing situation, with different amps and basses... it's the sound I've wanted for years. So nice when that happens, isn't it? :hyper:

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    You know it, brother!

Tom.

P.S.
    But of course, I'm so obsessed with gear that I still have to own way too damn much, even though an iAMP 800 and two Wizzy's will handle about anything...

16. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Tom, my man, you could never give any of that up! We love you for it. :) There's something about that delicious overkill that's just so... well, delicious!!

(Hey, I just saw a couple VL-110s on bassgear -- are you in need of any more? ;))

17. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Any idea how many watts the 350 pushes at 2.6 ohms? I plan on getting a wizzy in a few months to pair with my clarus but I'd also like to try running the wizzy w/ an aguilar 1x12 with my iamp.

Also is the stated weight of 29lb on the wizzy accurate? I can't wait to get mine.

18. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    email gary@euphonicaudio.com

It's pretty close to that. Since the cab is made of wood, there can be some variation (up to 10%).

Dimin

19. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I agree. The Wizzy is stupid light, which is especially amazing as it does not use neo drivers. It feels plenty sturdy, though, and of course it sounds like a much bigger, heavier cab. Quite a feat of engineering, if you ask me!

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yeah, I saw them, and I probably will pick up one more eventually (for an even four), but I am seriously running out of room to store all this crap, so I'm trying to go easy on the acquisitions and might even <gasp!> sell off some gear that doesn't make it out of the basement very often! :eek: