Euphonic Audio iAMP combo opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Jan 22, 2002.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried out the new Euphonic Audio iAMP combo? I am interested in purchasing one, and I would like a few opinions on them. Can they really handle 350 watts through a single 10"?!
  2. AJ, I tried an iAmp combo at Club Bass in Toronto a few months ago and loved it. I would have bought one but I already own a 208 and now a 110 cab. I bought the iAmp 600 instead. The combo is great. Depending on what styles of music you play you may be better off with an iAmp 350 head and a CXL 112 cab. Call up Dave at Club Bass and try them out for yourself. His shop is less than an hour away from you. BTW I grew up in St Catharines, how's southern Ontario this time of year?
  3. i'm in the same situatio at the moment, gonna try the iamp 350 combo, but i may stump for the head and a 2x10 in stead,, i'm wondering what it would sound like running an Eden 210xlt??

4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i have it in parts: a separate 350 and CXM110. which is essentially the same exact thing. huge tone in such a portable package. its a very clear voice with presense and cut. nothing muddy or even muffled about it.

I also have an Eden WT400 w/ CXL110, and tho i like the warmth, it just doesnt seem to have the openness the EA iAMP 350 has. the EQ on the EA is mucho more musical too, whereas on the Eden, i cant for the life of me figure out how the upper EQ knobs work. sure the EA's solid state, but the tone's so good, who cares?

BTW, if you're an upright player, i've heard lots of guys getting great results with the EA stuff.

IMHO, its the best amp in its class, and more tone than most rigs 3x its size. you cant go wrong with it.