Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

euphonic audio iamp combo vs ashdown abm combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tony moore, Sep 24, 2001.

1. hey folks,

i'm in the market for a small combo and am considering the euphonic audio iamp (1X10, tweeter and 300w) and the ashdown abm 300 combo (1X10 and 300w). anyone have any experience with these? comments? suggestions?

g-k also has a 700rb 12" combo, but it was supposed to be shipping months ago :-(

thanks!

tony

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Here's an alternative, though I know you didn't ask for one... get a used EA VL-110 and a nice 300w amp, used. This year I bought a VL-110 and an AMP BH-420 head for ~$550.

For a more Eden-esque sound, get a head and an Aguilar GS112.

3. I recently tried out an EA iamp combo and loved it. The amount of volume and tone coming out of the tiny box was incredible. ( I would have bought one but I just got an iamp600) The sound of the combo was quite flat with a little more mids than other EA cabs. I tried it with my 5string and with an EUB. The combo puts out 350 watts with an extension cab. (the other brands mentioned also put out lower power without an extension speaker) If you are using a 5string you may want to add another 10" cab. It was fine at moderate volume but when it was cranked it could have used a bit of help. Keep in mind this is a 10" combo and is not intended for loud rock band use as a stand alone combo. The EA is the biggest sounding combo that I have heard in this size. BTW the new EA speakers are way more efficient than the older models.