Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Audio iAMP Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by top028, Aug 28, 2001.

1. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    any news on this? I have seen endorsements by quality players such as Leland Sklar, and the specs look very decent on the web. This thing is incredibly small, and puts out actual low frequencies. HOWEVER they list at 1500$$ what is retail on one of these, and is it better than the 700$$ Gallien Kruger tiny combo amp, that I have heard and it is mighty (wouldnt buy one new though...not worth 700$$ but then again I am not a GK fan)

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I played through one and it was OK. I really liked their cabinets and heads but thought the 110 combo was lacking a lot of lows. I wasn't expecting much from it and I didn't get much. It sounded much better with another cab hooked up to it. Simple physics dictate that there will never be a combo this size that will have the lows we need. I hope I'm proven wrong but I doubt I will be in my lifetime.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I've heard and played them, and there's one in a box by my front door for the UPS guy to deliver to a buyer in CA. I've played their cabs for over a year and became an EA dealer a few months ago. Really nice stuff. The combo is very solid and sounds bigger than it is, real lows, honest, very neutral and natural response. Very different from GK amps I've played.

http://www.bobthebassguy.com/ea.html

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Like Bob, I sell 'em...

...very impressive for a single 10" combo amp, big improvement over the GK MB-150. If you push it hard without the extension cab, it will give up on low notes, but with an extension it will handle some pretty high volumes well. Of course, this amp isn't intended to deal with LOUD gigs, it's intended to handle low-to-medium volume gigs. That it will do an exceptional job at. If you're looking for an amp you can carry in with one hand (...well, it does weigh ~60lbs...;) ) and handle a small gig with, this is it.

5. I just played through the iamp combo this week and loved it. It was a very loud combo but an extension cab helps. It blew away my old GK combo, but was also several hundred $$ more.