Euphonic Audio VL 2-10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Is this a good cab? Is it good for stand alone aslo say as compared to a SWR goliath II 4-10 or Epifani 3-10 or so? Will be pushing with SWR SM-900. I have also heard these are good for electric and upright.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It's only one of the best cabs ever made, IMHO! I have two VL-210's, and I would take it over a Goliath II any day, though the Epifani T-310 certainly has some appeal, although it's a very different kind of tone. At lower volumes, I prefer EA's VL-208 (as many as you can get your hands on!), but when it comes to phenomenal tone and control at high volumes, the only cabs that compares to a VL-210 are Accugroove cabs. In general, EA (and Accugroove) will work great for both electric and upright, as they are very uncolored and neutral. You will notice a much greater variety of sound between your instruments than if you were using a Goliath II, or to a lesser extent an Epifani T-310. The Epi does have some coloration, but I do like Epifani's tone, so this may or may not be a factor. The Epi will have better high end (I mean the sparkly high stuff), but the EA will have much stronger and more articulate mids.

If you haven't guessed, my favorite cabs are EA, Accugroove and Epifani. Each have their own appeal, though, and as always, personal preference will rule the day. But if I were you, it'd be between the VL-210 and the T-310, if that is your short list.

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I'll go with Tombowlus also.
    I have two EA VL210's. They replaced my Eden 410 XLT. Believe it or not the EA's go deeper and sound stronger and cleaner. I don't think I'll ever get different cabs. I really like these alot.