1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Euphonic Audio VL-210-B (pair) $575@

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Bob Gollihur, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    My personal pair of EA VL-210-B cabinets are available for sale. NOTE that these are the "B" series; unlike the original VL-210 (VL-208, VL-108, VL-110), which were less efficient than average, the B series upgraded the two ten inch woofers to the same drivers currently being used in the CXL-210 cabinets (which sell for $995@ and have two fewer drivers). Note that each cabinet has FIVE DRIVERS: two tens, two 5.25 midrange, one tweeter, and separate level controls for the midrange and tweeter, all in a compact cabinet.

Full description and photos at http://www.doublebass.biz/vl210.html

These cabs have a focused, clean sound, unlike most anything you've heard, and have the amazing ability to retain that focus off-stage. I sold my BBE 362NR, which I used to tighten the bottom end, E and B strings, when I went from my Eden to these cabs, because it was no longer necessary. The have separate compartments for each driver and use the transmission line design.

What I particularly like about these cabs is their neutral, honest response-- if you want to hear your bass, preamp, effects, etc., rather than the artificially-induced warmth or fat of a cabinet's signature sound, then EA is for you. I heard details of my instruments I'd never heard before when I got these cabs.

The top end and midrange is present and smooth, no crackling or hissing, just smooth coherent sound. And the bottom is true deep bass, with a solid fundamental.

Here are the specs from Euphonic Audio:

Crossovers: 1.3KHz, 8KHz
    Drivers - Woofer: 2-10"
    Drivers - Midrange: 2-5 1/4"
    Drivers - Tweeter: 1-4 3/16"
    Impedance: 8 ohm
    Power Handling: 500w
    Response - Low: 38Hz
    Response - High: 18 KHz
    Sensitivity (@1M w/2.83 vrms)102 dB
    Size - Height: 23 1/8"
    Size - Width: 19 1/2"
    Size - Depth: 16"
    SPL: 127dB
    Weight: 70 lbs
    List Price: $1,250 each

have been playing these two cabinets personally, and they are both in very good condition and perfect operating order, never have been abused or overdriven. Why am I selling?? I also bought a new VL-208 when I got the first VL-210, and recently took a used VL-208 in trade, so I now have a pair of them -- and their sound is almost identical to the VL-210 cabs' sound, and they are smaller and lighter (GOS - getting old syndrome). Given my current play situation, I don't really need the larger 210 cabs, and in fact, the pair of 208 cabs would have done last years' gigs with no problem.

I wouldn't mind keeping both pairs, but lacking the room and need, it just doesn't make sense, and as an EA dealer, I usually have other EA cabs around for demoing to visitors. And my aging back prefers the 208s. Pop-in casters included for both cabs.

$575 each plus UPS ground, and I have the original boxes and packing to ship these.

(This is a personal sale of my personal cabinets)
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    ...and this is a note to let everyone know that if anybody starts crying SPAM!!! over this post, I promise to completely ignore the "Reported Post" email I'd get should anybody make such an unwise choice. :)

If I didn't rely on a Honda Civic hatchback for gig transportation, I'd be interested in one of these. How much smaller are the VL208's? And how hard to come by?
  3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    The 210s are a bit larger, though still pretty compact considered five drivers are squeezed in the box:
    VL-210- 23 1/8" H 19 1/2" W 16" D 70lbs
    VL-208- 18 1/2" H 17 1/2" W 13 1/2" D 48lbs
    (the 208 is just about the size of your CXL-112)

I've seen a few for sale here and there, but there are very few of the "B" models; they were made just at the tail end of production.
  4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Thanks, both have been sold.