1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Euphonic Audio

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Neves, Jul 31, 2001.

1. I tried the VL-210 today and liked it.
    I'm wondering what's the difference between the VL-210 and the CXL-210.
    It's on their Web Site but they don't give a lot of information.
    What I'm after is that clean tight sound, and the EA sure has it all.
    I play oldies and some top 20 tunes. It may not sound right, ( for that kind of music)?
    But I sure liked what I heard today.
    Besides, I'm needing to get a smaller, (GK 400RB) package to move around.
    Does anyone have this setup and would it cut the mustard in a 5 piece rock band? (In medium size club)

2. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I heard a vl210 with a GK 1000 Rb this past January at Beaver Felton's store in Orlando. I was playing a Lakland 5 string.

It really kicked butt. When I added a 208 to it, it was unbelievable.

Make sure you have enough power. I play mostly big band, swing, motown etc. and EA's sound great, clean and punchy.

Don't hesitate.

LKaye

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've bought 2 VL208s now (although one was stolen!:( )

Interesting story from last week - I was at Jazz Summerschool and used my Eden WT300 with a VL208 quite a lot and got lots of interest/compliments about the tone.

Anyway, there was a violinist who had a pickup and she asked me if she could use my setup when she was on stage in the "Jazz Club" as she had (surreptitiously) tried it when I wasn't there (I wouldn't have minded) and it was the best sound she had ever heard or got when amplifying her violin!