Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonics VL-110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ivanthetrble, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Anyone know anything about his cab? Euphonics VL-110. 10 inch woof with mid and tweeter. Looking at a used one for a smallish rig to go with a Stewart 1.2 and BBE pre two space rack. I looked that the Euphonics website and it looks like this cab has been discontinued. Thanx in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

Sure... I have two. What do you want to know?

3. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Weight, size, power rating, volume level, etc. I couldn't find any details on the Euphonics website.

4. Courtesy of basstasters.com:

Config: 1 x 10 ", 1 x 5.25"
    Tweeter: 1" compression
    Power: 250w RMS
    Sensitivity: 97db
    Freq Resp: 41Hz - 18kHz
    Dimensions: 17.5 x 13.5 x 14.5
    Weight: 38 lbs.

Ironically, I was just searching for one used too, and I know where that pic is from as I just saw it a couple hours ago, but I'll keep that a secret (not that it's hard to figure out). ;)

Also, I should mention the efficiency depends upon which version speaker magnet is in the cab. It could a 56, 67,or 80 oz. I emailed and asked but they said to call them.

5. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Uh oh! :(

6. If you're worried about me buying it, don't 'cuz I changed my mind about it. It does sound pretty good on basstasters.com though. Dare I say the best so far.

7. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I just wondering if it would hold its own in a medium volume practice session.

8. Bump for Ivan.

9. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    If he doesn't chime in here fairly soon you might want to PM 'tombowlus' -- he's a (THE) major TB cab guru (esp. EA stuff).

10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    +1 tom is the ea guy and owns more cabinets than the dead had in the 1974-75 "wall of sound"

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    For its size, I think that the VL-110 is one of the best cabs out there. I somewhat prefer the VL-208, but it is slightly larger. Two VL-110's, VL-208's, or a VL-110/VL-208 combo are very respectable compact rigs. As for just one VL-110, it would probably handle most "practice" scenarios if you pushed with with enough juice (800 watts or more). If you don't have to compete with full drum kit and loud guitarist, you could probably get by with less amplification. I do love EA cabs, and the VL-series is still my favorite (though I also hold the Wizzy in exceptionally high esteem).

I can tell you more, if you have some specific questions. In general, I would recommend pretty much anyone to give a VL-110 a try, but then, that's just me...:p

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If only I had Phil's chops...