1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eureka- D-180 for me

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassteban, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Somewhere near Chicago, there is a Mesa/Boogie D-180 & Road Ready 1x15 w/my name on it.
    :hyper: Happy happy, joy joy. :hyper:

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Nice! I love mesa.

3. Yeah, i had one a year or so ago, & dumped it for various practicality considerations( & always regretted it, though it was pretty much unavoidable). I've been on the hunt for one for the past couple of months now, & a very helpful third party made it all happen. I can't wait to play it! :bassist:

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Congratulations, very cool rig.
    I'd love to find a road ready 1x15 for my D-180/400+.

How heavy is this cab, and how much did shipping end up costing you?

Did you compare DHL, shipping prices?

5. There is a Road Ready 1x15 either on ebay or some bass store in the same area as mine; if I find it I'll let you know. it caught my eye as I'd love two of these cabs for the 180.
    As to weight & shipping, I can't say yet- a friend grabbed ti up for me, & I told him no hurry in getting it to me. we agreed to settle when shipping is figured out. If it's really steep he is going to keep the cab & consign it for me. When all is said & done I'll gladly share all the details.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    After I told you (on your other post) to expect 100-120lbs,
    I checked Mesa's website and they list a new 1x15 R.R. cab at 82lbs.
    So my guess may have been a little high.

7. Well, it's a done deal- it's mine; I just need to decide what I can afford to ship. I'm leaning heavily towards keeping the cab; the pair has been together all their 'life'. I hope the person who found, cheked out, grabbed & is patiently waiting on my decision doesn't mind me mentioning him by name; he's in the business & this would be a great recommendation for buying from him. Anyway, UPS' online estimate came to $150, & the head & cab was $600. I'm thinkin' $750 for a super-hot rod B-15 type rig is not too bad...
    :bassist:
    BTW, anderbass, there's another RR 1x15 on ebay I think...:ninja:

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Grats! :hyper:

9. Thanks, Tom. I'm just glad I didn't have to bring my 16-month-old daughter to your house & use her hypnotic powers on you to convince you to sell me yours. :cool: <---anti-hypnosis specs

10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine

LOL! I am glad, too! It's bad enough that my own daughter has me wrapped around her little finger. :help:

11. My good friends ;) at UPS tracking tell me that a pair of packages containing one Mesa/Boogie D-180 & matching RoadReady 1X15 cab are due to arrive sometime today. The wait truly begins...:meh:

12. Well it didn't arrive Thursday as scheduled, & it was after 7:00pm when it did arrive Friday. I didn't get it out until after 10:00 & still couldn't fire it up as I had no speaker cable. I finally powered up this morning & after some wiggling of scratchy pots, I finally got my feet back into all-tube waters. Aaahhhhhhhh... sweet, glassy, cut-your-head-clean-off highs, punched-squarely-in-the-chest-by-a-beautiful-woman mids & thundering schah-MOOOOvness down low beyond compare. Yes, it's that good. Actually better, I think. I need to get it serviced before I trust it on a gig, but I still have my Eden WT-400 for 'backup'. UUUNH. :cool: