I spent weeks contemplating about a decision: should I take my Warmoth-parts bass to a pro or should I dare to do the fret-dressing on my own... Well, today I decided - and spend the entire afternoon and evening doing my first fret-job. Basically, I followed the steps that Dan Erlewine describes in his book on g****r repair, i.e. I used black marker on the surfaces of the frets in order to see how much metal is taken away. I used neither a file nor sandpaper, but a big, perfectly flat water-stone that I normally use to sharpen my hocho (japanese knives). It worked out fine - and I think that the key to success was to do very very small steps at a time. Guess I re-strung the bass about 20 times to check if everything worked. So: I did my first fret job today - and succeeded!