Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eureka moments?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soundoholic, Jan 9, 2004.

1. About three days ago I was on the phone with a very good friend from Colorado. I was naming off all of the titles to the books to the classes I was going to be taking next semester. As I was reading them a thought hit my mind. "boy this is borring ****." And then I realized that I didn't want to study what I was studying. Within 48 hours I canceled my next semester and I am now going to move back to Colorado next week.

Does anybody else have eureka moments and end up changing their entire life?

2. haha...thats awsome dude.

3. I once went through Yreka, does that conut?

Rock on
    Eric

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Yes.

I was accepted to Cornell. I had applied with the
    intention of studying Astronomy. { Carl Sagan chaired the department back then ...}

I got accepted on a waiting list at another school, blew off Cornell and my deposit, and
    changed my life.

If I hadn't of done that, I would not have the
    same family I have today...

I wonder ...

Every time you come to a crossroads you have to make these decisions.

Make them and don't look back.

5. One time at the local sympathy (in the seats listening), I had my elbow on my knee and my hand supporting my head.

Mid way through some section, I notice / felt my pulse carotid (sp) neck vein. My heart was beating not only in time with the music - but on the beat. Sharply On The Beat, brothers.

Changed me.

6. when i was in my early teens and i decided girls arent so creepy and scary afterall, boy that one changed my life :smug:

7. The GI forum is really starting to make sense. ;)

8. People hearing me play must think I'm from there; they shout to me: "Yey .. you reeka"