Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euro 5 LXM anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, so I'm in the process of scoping out my next bass... I have a good offer on the table for a bitchin' 55-94, but I was looking at Spector Euro 5LXs prior to that. I was browsing the Spector site today when I noticed that they have an LXM model, which instead of an Alder body it's maple, with walnut and a figured maple top.
    I've played several Euro5LXs, I was wondering if anyone could compate the LX to the LXM in tone and weight? And, if anyone knows the price of the LXM (the LXs run $1650). I just need to get an idea of the prices, and decide if I want to get another Spector, or get the Lak.
    Also, if anyone can do an A/B of the LXs to the 55-94s, that'd be rockin'.
    Thanks for readin',

-Ray

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    One week bump, eh?

-Ray

3. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    I played a Euro 5 at GC awhile back and it was sweet. Of course the set up needed to be redone which at GC comes as no surprise. The B was not floppy at all due to the 35' no dought. This is not alot of help but it was a killer ax; then again Lakland makes a fiver that seems to have a great reputation. At this point I have been so impressed with the CS at Spector I would lean in that direction.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah, I already own one... and have talked to PJ over @ spectorbass.com several times... just curious mostly about the LXM model more than anything... I haven't seen one in a store at all. And I've played several Euro LXs. Actually, I think I've played every model on the line currently, except for the LXMs.

-Ray