1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Euro 5 LXM anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, so I'm in the process of scoping out my next bass... I have a good offer on the table for a bitchin' 55-94, but I was looking at Spector Euro 5LXs prior to that. I was browsing the Spector site today when I noticed that they have an LXM model, which instead of an Alder body it's maple, with walnut and a figured maple top.
    I've played several Euro5LXs, I was wondering if anyone could compate the LX to the LXM in tone and weight? And, if anyone knows the price of the LXM (the LXs run $1650). I just need to get an idea of the prices, and decide if I want to get another Spector, or get the Lak.
    Also, if anyone can do an A/B of the LXs to the 55-94s, that'd be rockin'.
    Thanks for readin',

-Ray

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    One week bump, eh?

-Ray

3. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    I played a Euro 5 at GC awhile back and it was sweet. Of course the set up needed to be redone which at GC comes as no surprise. The B was not floppy at all due to the 35' no dought. This is not alot of help but it was a killer ax; then again Lakland makes a fiver that seems to have a great reputation. At this point I have been so impressed with the CS at Spector I would lean in that direction.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah, I already own one... and have talked to PJ over @ spectorbass.com several times... just curious mostly about the LXM model more than anything... I haven't seen one in a store at all. And I've played several Euro LXs. Actually, I think I've played every model on the line currently, except for the LXMs.

-Ray