Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

europe vs usa

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Sorry, milo, don't get it. Why is this a X vs. Y thing?

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    usa (fodera) started and now is modern in europe.
    SINGLECUT basses.
    maybe i were to hard when i writed X vs Y.
    I know that here in Europe a lot of bassist is dreaming bout Fodera singlecut but they are expensive and hard to get.
    I thinked only bass maker which make singlecut basses in Europe was Marleaux but i were wrong.
    I found this luthier on Ebay and prices are good and is from Germany(EU)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I kinda doubt there's many people on TB that have played similar models from those two brands of basses to give you a comparison, if there's any at all.

4. You most certainly was! ;)
    If you want a singlecut, there are a lot of other European luthiers who can build one for you. Some examples, in alphabetical order:

Bass Culture
    Bassline
    Human Base
    Mørch
    Sei

There's probably a lot more makers that should be mentioned in this category, but those are all I can recall right now. Some, like Bassline and Human Base, also make (and have been making for years) singlecut basses that are quite different in style compared to Fodera's models.
    Enjoy surfing!

5. Check out JP's work too if you are interested in singlecuts.

www.jpbasses.com

Yes, many Europeans may be dreaming about Foderas, but, guess what, many Americans dream about JP, Ritter, Marleaux, HotBass etc. Funny, huh.

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    With the USD slipping in value, purchasing a made-in-europe bass gets farther away.

Not good for our bass brethren in the USA. Not good for any manufacturer in Europe, especially with the EUR strengthening.

7. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    I have links to over 40 european bass builders, IIRC, whereof more than 50% will make singlecuts.
    Just look over your sholder, and there they are!! :hyper: