1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

European Bass Suggestions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jbass24, Aug 8, 2007.

1. jbass24

jbass24

Feb 1, 2002
    Philly, NYC
    Hi, I will be spending the next semester in Amsterdam (and traveling throughout Europe) as an exchange student at the Conservatory of Amsterdam. While there I'm hoping to find a new 5 string, anything I should check out?

2. yeah, Clover.

3. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Adamovic

4. It depends on the money:meh:. Amsterdam is quite expensive for buying gear, Cool city though.

I'm G.A.S.ing for
    Hot wire Flash 245 NT
    [​IMG]

Lefay Capone 5
    [​IMG]

Mayones Comodus 5
    [​IMG]

Bassline Buster Art 5
    [​IMG]

5. Welcome!

Just wanted to tell you we have some very nice bassshops not to far away from Amsterdam
    Bassconnection
    http://connectionbult.com/startinfo.html
    Sells alot of Alembic!

And
    Bassmatters
    http://www.bassmatters.nl/
    the place for Fender-ish basses
    (Celinder, Aleva coppolo, Fender CS)

There are some nice Dutch builders
    Adamovic, VD End, Rikkers, Knooren, to name just a few.

Enjoy your stay.

6. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Well...

www.clover.de (not too pricey...)
    Jerzy Drozd
    Marleaux
    Laurus (wonderful fretless)

Others that come to mind: Chris Larkin, Ritter (very pricey)

Nice shops close to Amsterdam?

On top of my head
    station-music.de
    musik-schmidt.de

Enjoy the visit ! (you will ! :D )

Paolo

7. the joker1

the joker1

Jun 2, 2007
    Canada
    Nice post those look like some good bass shops.

Im sure you can find very good local luthiers in Europe That are not too well known on this forum and they can build you a beautiful new 5 string and Be sure to visit a coffee shop while your in amsterdam too.;)

8. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Status Graphite

9. Conservatory? Then you should definitely check out Axess Groove basses. Breda is 90 mins. by train from Amsterdam.

Martina basses (2 hrs by train, but also for sale in Hilversum) are nice too, but I heard production has not been resumed yet, he's still recovering from an accident.

Duh. Do you really want to join the herds of stoned foreign tourists?

10. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Huge +1 for Jerzy Drozd.

11. sandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandberg
    sandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandberg
    sandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandbergsandberg

Clover is ok too.

12. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    (premature) Welcome to Amsterdam!

13. +1

14. I was going to say Sanderg, but I got beaten to the punch.

What about Human Base?

And those Hotwires look awesome, too...

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    warwicks! if you get the chance you should try a vigier and some jerzy drozd basses.

16. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    So ye? What do you guys that live in natty-boy-nanny-state think of europes bass stores? Its not like Ritter basses or Alembics all over the place.
    There is just the standard Fenders, Warwick (some exclusive), Ibanez and so on.. Dont hope to find a exclusive bass.

17. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Depends on the store, but yes if youre planning on trying every bass mentioned here be ready to walk from store to store and have in mind you might not find any.

18. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    You have ARIES there, and other than that I would go with RITTER, SPECTOR EURO or HUMANBASS

19. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    Mørch basses!

20. routasydän

routasydän

Apr 25, 2006
    Oulu, Finland