1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

European BASSIST Jacek Niedziela

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by zcorsez, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

Check this tubeVideo of Jacek:

I know it's not a standard tune but, couldn't find any other on the net and I am very interested in your opinions about his playing. Maybe some of you have heard his last record 'Bassville' (double bass solo) ?

Waitinf for your opinions... you have them, right:eyebrow: ?

2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Cool-great thumpy tone, too.

3. wallydoesbass

wallydoesbass Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2002
    Menlo Park, CA
    I saw him play at the last ISB convention. He played wonderfully and was a big hit.

4. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I dig him a lot. He's come to Louisville at least once, if I recall. I wish that "Bassville" album were readily available in the states. Or is it now?

5. I like his articulation, he punches the notes when they need to pop and lets them be more legato when they need to sing. His phrasing is also really nice.

6. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    great punchy tone and really nice solo. The vamp reminds me of Ray Brown a lot, especially the vamps he would use for tunes like Summertime.