1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

European Cup Final

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Toasted, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    May 17th. Stade Francais. Paris.

Arsenal vs. Barcelona.

My heart tells me Arsenal will win, my head tells me Barca will thrash them.

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Nice matchup. It will be on in Hi Def TV here in the US.

Hopefully Arsenal can continue the run of form. If Barca give them room, it should be an entertaining final.

3. Think it will have as much drama/theatrics as last year's final?

Prediction: Arsenal 2 - 1 Barcelona

But I'm slightly biased :D

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Who's for 3-3 and penalties....? ;)

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    1-nil, the Gunners.

6. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    What's the feeling from the UK on this Arsenal team? While they occasionally play breathtaking footy, they seem to get a alot of stick for having at most 1 Brit on the field.

Will non Arsenal fans support them in the CL?

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Spurs fans will be supporting Barcelona, as an Arsenal win will stop them playing in the Champions League next season!!

Arsenal are an English club and I've been to their ground and seen them play a few times - I will be rooting for them!

It's good for our overal UEFA standing!

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I think Barca will win

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    All of England (apart from Spurs fans!) will be rooting for Arsenal to win it.

I think its great that the teams that play the most beautiful attacking football are in the final against each other.

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Barca definitely for the win.I don't think United fans will be for the gunners either.

11. Bruce Lindfield

You mean the two teams that managed to grind out 0-0 draws in the second leg!!! :meh:

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    what channel?

for some odd reason, there are a TON of gunner supporters in NYC. every other bar seems to have their crest in the window in one form or other.

13. Bruce Lindfield

It's not until 15th May! So plenty of time yet...;)

14. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Well put. I'm afraid to say that I would go with your prediction on this one.

15. Bruce Lindfield

Actually I think Middlesborough must have a claim on this!! ;)

So they won through to the UEFA Cuip final last night, after going 2 goals down within half an hour - meaning they needed 4 goals in the next hour - as had happened in the previous round :eek:

But they did it!! Maccarone getting the 4th goal with 2 minutes to spare!!

Like before, they brought on subs and ended up with 4 international strikers up front - Viduka,Hasselbaink,Yakubu and Maccarone...:)

How about that for total football!!

Whereas Arsenal have tended to pack the midfield and play with only Henry up front...:meh:

16. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Should be on ESPN or ESPN2 in both Standard Def and Hi Def.

17. Last year it was on ESPN2 live, and an encore presentation on ESPN Classic that night. Probably will follow something similar this year, I think.

quick edit: jk beat me to it.

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well Barca did play attacking football, it just didn´t go in for them.

I hope that Barcelona wins, they play such a beautiful football.
    I´m worried that Arsenal will drag this game down to a halt :(

Barca! Barca! Barca!

19. Where's Chelsea fit into all this?

All I care about is that Chelsea finishes above West Ham.

20. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    [Peter Griffin]uhm, yeah..[/Peter Griffin]

You don´t have to worry about anything there. Chelsea is way above West Ham in the PL. The only title they will win this year.

If you haven´t been watching, Chelsea got knocked out of the CL by Barcelona, then Liverpool (yay!) knocked Chelsea out of the FA cup in the semis.