European GTG

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, May 12, 2005.

1. I've got some great news for you guys ! :bassist: The first european GTG will be on the weekend of the 27/28th august in Wachenheim , Germany.
    Wachenheim is the home of Ritter Basses ! It is located in the heart of europe so i think everyone should be able to attend the GTG. Everyone is welcome ! Why not combine your euro trip with a GTG ? :D
    A biiigggggg thank you , danke schön , merci , grazie etc. for Jens .You're the one who makes this possible. :)

mods : please make this a sticky
  2. I found some maps who might be useful
  3. Good argument ;) This is still in the planning phase...So the date might change.
  4. I'd like to go if I could get a passport.
  5. walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    I'll see if I can get there by train...
    It would be a 6 hours train ride, any other Belgian TB'ers coming to the GTG?
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If I win the stinkin' Lottery, I'm there! With a translator...of course.
  7. you won't need a translator :)

besides the basses speak for themselve...
  8. Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    Being of a young and tender age i will decline, however i will be definetly going next year should we organise one :cool:

Sounds like a good shin-dig this year though!

I can see the papers now....."TB takes on Germany".....

9. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Hi Chili Pepper,

I got your PM. I'd love to be there, but I can't make plans ahead of time. My work, my two kids and a third one coming force me to "improvise" each day.

keep groooovin'
  10. Mmm Ritters. :hyper: They look so nice.
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'll try, not too sure about it yet. It's not that far tough. I should check some trains etc.
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Got the message.. I'd say I'm interested.

I have move to Denmark scheduled on around the 13-15th of August, so any weekend after that would be fine.

Any chance for accommondation? A mattress on a friendly floor or any hostel/whatnot under 20eur per night is fine.
  13. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Sounds interesting... could be my holiday for the summer!

I echo the above post about accommodation - cheap and cheerful will do me :)
  14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Me three :smug:
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  15. I had an idea. All TBers from the same country should meet up and travel together. For someone who's never travelled before(like me) I'd get lost on my own.
  16. Jens may book some rooms in a hotel near/in Wachenheim . We'll invade some cheap hotels :D
  17. Good idea.

so far we have :

Belgium :

Finland ( or Danmark ):

UK :

Hungary :

Frank Martin
  18. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    very interesting idea but I'll not be able to get there.