Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EUROPEAN Spectors in EUROPE ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Apr 25, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey everybody,

just phoned to two differnet Music Stores over here in Germany today - one of them in Cologne and one of them in Munich.

So this is what they told me.

Cologne:

They told me that Spectors would be pure crap and way overpriced (approx. pricing for the NS5CRFM: 3000 Marks - about 1,500 Dollars).
    And they also said that the European Spectors they get would come in from Indonesia.

Munich:

They told me that Spectors would be awesome and due to the fact that you can adjust the string height so lowly you can play them really fast.
    They also told me that European Spectors aren`t sold with Fig. Maple Bodies here and that they cost about 1,800 Marks (approx 900 Dollars) for a FIVE STRING.
    They also said that they have 2 New Models: NS-2JCR - 4 String with J-Pickups.

So I`ve got some questions:

- Are the NS5CR`s with Solid Colors Discontinued ?
    - Is the NS5/NS4-CR Series discontinued and are there only NS5/NS4-CRFM basses?
    - Are Czech Spectors pieces of Crap ? I played one and liked it so I´m pretty curious...

Any help would be REALLY appreciated !

David

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    mmmhhhhh
    it seems that someone is a liar...
    my vote for best liar goes to cologne!
    hands down

3. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    Just read any post by Nino, or RAM and you'll see how much they love them. I have one myself and love it to death, just wish I had time to play it and get used to the 5er. And hey, if you like it, go for it. I say you can't go wong with a Spector. Tone, quality, and playability couldn't be better.

I beleive he did cancel the solid colors, which is why MF is having an awsome sale on the 4s.

I would also try other shops, and stay away from those. Neither seem to have their story straight.

Good luck!

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What store in Cologne did you visit?
    One or two have employ really stupid salespersons, maybe they just push some other brand because they have to achieve a certain turn-over rate e.g. for Ibanez or Warwick.

5. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Thats what I thought, too, but IMO the shop in munich is located about two streets away from the german distributor of SSD. So I think they could be right ...

David

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    'Tis true! I do love my Spector! It's a US NS-4. Wonderful bass...about the best I've come across, ANYWHERE!:D

The most important thing you need to remember is what you like the sound and feel of! If a store carries Spector but tries to push Warwick or Ibanez or any other brand on you, I'd calmly tell the sales manager why he just lost a customer! Then walk!

I honestly don't know all the details behind all the production lines and the changes that each goes through from year to year. However, it sounds like the Cologne store is confusing the Euro model with something else; to their own detriment!:confused:

8. What, Indonesia isn't part of the Czech Republic? :rolleyes:
    If the Czech Spectors are crap then that would make me a 3 time loser.
    It baffles me to see how some music store sales people conduct themselves and give false information. I would notify Stuart Spector (info@spectorbass.com) and let him know about the false information you were given. Maybe he will take away the store's right to be a Spector dealer!!!