Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eurosonic light VS Eurosonics Ultra-light

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by typpex, Oct 18, 2004.

1. typpex

typpex

May 9, 2004
    Hi,

What gauge are you using?What is the best one at your opinion?Which is the most versatil?The most growly?
    Why did you choose this gauge?what kind of music you play with ? How many gigs you played with those strings?
    And every informations you wish to give about those strings!!!
    Thanks
    Typpex

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm currently using ultra lights. I've never used the lights. I started on guts, so I like big fat strings. I then switched to t/i spiro wiechs, because I wanted more sustain, and a somewhat brighter sound. I found the weich too bright for me, and way too skinny for me. After trying many other strings, I ended at Euro ultra lights. They're nice and fat, loose but not floppy under my fingers, bright enough, and plenty of sustain. I hear they don't bow particularly well, but that a little sandpaper scuffing can help that. I play strictly pizz, so that's not a bother for me.

3. Hi ! I have tried the lights, they are very good for pizz only. If you are not obsessed with getting the lowest possible tension, the light or even the medium might be good. Since these are expensive, i am sticking with my set of lights I put on my bass alterning with the spiro. But i would rather have the medium for the Realbook stuff i play.