Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eurosonic Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by steve in tampa, Mar 13, 2006.

1. steve in tampa

steve in tampa

Jan 11, 2006
    I 'm getting a new Englehardt set up for me, and am having the Eurosonic strings put on. Tried them on another bass, and liked them. Has anyone else had experience with them?

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I just had them installed on my rental bass, and like them a lot so far. They're just a bit uneven in tone from string to string, but I'm hoping that settles down as the strings break in. I switched from Superflexibles, as I was looking for something darker and 'thumpier.' These fit the bill well so far. We'll see how it lasts ...

Good Luck!

3. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I heard some rumor that Eurosonics are not available any more... true or false?

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I hadn't heard anything about discontinuation! I do know that they just introduced an orchestral string, because they accidentally installed those instead of the originals. They said that the orchestrals were a new thing Eurosonic was doing.

I wonder ... ???

5. I think the eurosonics were unavailable for a while last year, but they have returned.

http://shop1.mailordercentral.com/lemurmusic/products.asp?dept=79

I haven't tried the Eurosonics. I'm currently playing what I've heard is a similar string, Innovation super silvers on E & A (pure gut on D & G).

Anyone played Eurosonics AND Super Silvers? How do they compare?

6. Nick:

I can assure you Eurosonics in all gauges are very much available. One shop was not allowed to carry them, and word got around that Euronsonics was not available. Many shops are carrying them.

Thanks,
    Dennis