1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eurosonics: package says ultralight, but end colours say medium?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Charm Bracelet, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    I swapped from medium Spirocores to ultralight Eurosonics around Jan '06 because I thought I'd try the odd bit of slapping for a change. I didn't end up doing much slap, but the Euros were easier on the fingers than the medium Spiros and sounded nice for pizz.

...but here's the catch:

After looking into new strings recently, I saw that Eurosonic ultralights are supposed to have yellow and gold with a black stripe on the ball end ..while mediums are yellow and gold with a RED stripe on the ball end.

So which gauge strings do I really have? The packet and the ball ends don't seem to match...

STRINGS2.

STRINGS.

2. I've had 2 sets of ultra lights and they look just like your pic. I ordered both from Bob G and the his description of the colors for each set looks to be inaccurate. I love these strings, but my pet peeve is a "boing" sound on the open A string when pulled hard. Is that your experience too?