1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EV B215-M vs Acoustic 106

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbakerde, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Call out to the vintage freaks. I recently picked up two vintage 100w heads Fender Bassman 135 and an Acoustic 150B, but neither with a cabinet. The Fender pairs excellently with my 4 ohm 2x12, but the Acoustic not so much. Been on the lookout for a 106, the 2x15 cabinet or maybe a bullet proof old 4x10. But I ran across a EV B215-M for$200. I'm wanting to know how close this is to a 106. I know the 106 had EVs in the cab, so they might be pretty close. I know either one is a tank. Thanks.

2. Do it. $200 if the speakers are still EV's is a smoking deal. The 106 rarely came with EV, usually JBL, Altec (or Eminence on the lower stock end). The EV don't have the low end of the JBL or Altecs but a very efficient low mid and midrange.

kbakerde likes this.