Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EV cab info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Has EV made their own cabs? When?
    I saw an ad for an Ev B2150m cab. Is it a 2x15 cab or what?
    Any comments on these cabs? Good/Bad? I have heard nothing bout them. Do they compare to Mesa/Boogies EV loaded cabs?
    How much are they worth?:confused:

2. HannibalSpector

HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    Australia
    EV made the famous TL bin.
    These were a ported cab for 15 or 18' drivers designed specifically for EV as an instrument speaker.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    And what was the famous TL bin???:confused: :D
    Im clueless.
    What speakerconfiguration did the Ev B2150m have?

4. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    EV also made the b115-m and b215-m cabinets. these were EV EVM 15L's and tweeters with the tweeter adjustment mounted on the front grill. they also made the b210, b115, and b410 cabinets that look like more conventional cabinets. the b115-m and b215-m are GREAT cabinets. i used to have the b115-m and it sounded great, but nothing like the mesa boogie cabinets. the b115-m had a heavy midrange emphasis and great highs for a 1-15. it was also very heavy at around 80 lbs. everyone i've heard who has played the b215-m absolutely loved the cabinet. how much is the person asking for the cabinet? if it's cheap you should get it.

i'm not sure if EV ever made the TL cabinets. I believe they supplied the plans for the cabinet for free which was manufactured by various companies. they look exactly like the mesa boogie diesel cabinets.

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca