Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EV Speaker cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman134, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Hey,

Just curious, but is anyone else playing through a 4-10 Electro-voice speaker system? I bought it about 6 years ago from a friend of mine who is a damn good bass player and EV dealer. He had bought it for himself, but gave it to me for cost and got himself another one while he figured out what amp to buy.

I have NEVER seen one of these anywhere else..

Bassman

2. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    is it the model b-410? i've heard nothing but good things about these old EV bass cabinets. i've seen the b-210 and b-115's but never a b-410. would it be possible for you to post a picture? i would definitely hang on to it, they're pretty rare.

-steve

3. Yes it is a B-410... I will post some pics tonight..

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I used to have an EV B215-m and two EV B115-m's.
    They were great cabinets that I wish I still had, though big and heavy.

5. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I have an EV B-410 that I just retired. It was a GREAT cabinet for about 10 years then it just kinda wore out on me and started sounding kinda sloppy. The cabinet had great range for not having a tweeter or mid. I'll probably recover it and see if I can replace the drivers then use it for a "practice space" cabinet. One of the GC's by me has a 4x10 and a 1x15 in mint condition that i would get if they were just a tad cheaper.

6. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    if i were you i would consider reconing the speakers instead of buying new ones, especially if they are EV speakers.

-steve

7. Here's a pic of the bottom with my trusty Peavey head....

8. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    looks real nice! how does it sound? i like how it doesn't have a tweeter. i never use then anyways.

-steve