Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    I have (2) EV SRO's from the 70's one was rebuilt in 97 and used for about 3 months the other I beleive needs work. I'd like to ask for $150 for the pair. If this is too much you guys let me know. I have no idea how much they are worth. If I can't get enough I'll just keep em for back up.

2. Bassstud1

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    "Is any one out there bump"

Some body who knows these speakers please share. I used them for years and didn't stop using them till I bought Eden.
    Am I asking too much at 150.00 ?

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

You didn't say, but I assume these are ceramic magnet 15s? To recone one with an EVM kit is ~$125 around here, and once that's done here's the high end of what you typically might see them selling for in good shape (scroll down to EV): Jammin Jersey Used E-V Prices

Good luck. I think your price is reasonable if the repair in '97 was done with EV parts, just gotta find the right afficionado. I already have a pair of older EVs, my wife'd kill me if I bought anymore. :cool:

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I love SRO's. I have an old 15" that I still use. What size are your speakers? Do you have pics?

5. Bassstud1

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    These are 15" speakers. I beleive they say 15-L on them. If you are really interested. I take some pictures. They are in our climate controled storage area, AKA the apartment attached to our garage that is full of crap.