1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Evah weich vs. regular

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by shwashwa, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i have searched, and while there is some info buried in the very long mega thread, i decided to just ask the question directly. i have not played both of these sets of strings on the same bass, but i have played them both on different basses. i played the regulars and they felt very soft and flexible to the touch. very easy to bow too. on my personal bass i have a set of EP weichs. they feel much stiffer than the sets of regulars ive played, although the diameter is smaller. they're alittle less bow friendly too. im wondering how much of this is the strings and how much is my bass.
    i know that it is entirely possible to have a thinner string feel tighter due to the core, how much they twist the innards, etc. im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well.

2. Replies here, please.

Regards,
    François

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.