1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Evan Brewer

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, May 18, 2011.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Evan Brewer is going to be releasing a solo bass album this Summer... on Sumerian Records. Sumerian is a modern metal label, known for a certain type of shreddy/proggy metal (see Brewer's new band, The Faceless), so that's unusual. Beyond that, though, he has some of the coolest solo bass compositions I've heard from a new guy in a long time. Here's two songs and a live solo from his time in Animosity:

YouTube - Evan Brewer Two Basses

YouTube - Slap Bass Evan Brewer

YouTube - Animosity bass master

2. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    An amazing talent... Can't wait to hear it...

3. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    He's also touring this summer with Animals As Leaders, Intronaut, Last Chance To Reason, and some other band... Dead Letter Circus is the name, IIRC... so seeing a metal show open with a solo bassist is going to be pretty exciting for me.

4. codync

codync

Jan 3, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
  5. IT'S AMAZING. Seriously, go get it now! His two basses song is called "Currency" on the album.

6. anomynous

anomynous

Dec 27, 2009
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm getting a bass lesson from the man himself tomorrow

Can't wait, hopefully some of his epicness will rub off on me

7. Pedulla?

Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Seeing him tomorrow, been looking forward to this show all summer.

8. 5656130

Jun 6, 2011
    Mississippi
    I saw him last night some people were making fun of him when he got onstage, Then their jaws dropped right when he started playing.