Evanescence video OMG

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suckbird, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
  2. JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    I don't have the time or the connection speed to download it. What's the big deal, anyways?

3. Peter Lufrano

Peter Lufrano Blues. and nothing but the Blues.

Apr 18, 2004
    Berkeley, CA
    Some serious intonation problems on that one.
  4. I think the singer said it best when she said "wow"! It sounded like somebody grabbed the tuners on all the guitars (especially bass) and just gave them a good random twisting before they started playing!
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That soundded quite awful. The mic was really hyper on the drum toms too..damn.
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Is it just me, or should there not be so many of these ridiculous accidents in the professional music world?
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Ladies and Gentlemen: You have bad taste in music."

brad cook
  8. ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Oh man that hurts.
    Seems like the guitar doesn't notice anything wrong. The bass player stops after a couple of notes and looks down at his bass like ***?
    But the guitar wails away in all its semitonal glory.
  9. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    You guys must be watching the billboard Awards 2004. ??
  10. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Hey man thats why you give them 2 grammies. "Thats two more than the Beach Boys, Curtis Mayfield, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Marly"

"Your contribution will not be easily forgotten."
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Eh, that was...interesting. Don't you think they'd check the tuning on their instruments? Sheeze. Oooooh well, live and learn.

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I may be wrong, but I'm betting SOME of them could not hear a lot of what was going on.
  13. I hope that download is no indication of how Amy sounded live. Otherwise I think wrongly tuned instruments were the least of their worries.

14. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Somewhere a guitar tech is checking the classifieds.
  15. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Holy crap. She soooo heard how crappy they sounded. That little "Wow" after the guitar/bass, drum clicking noiseification really set it off. That sound guy needs to be shot. And some tech has some explaining to do. If I ever get to that status, I will ALWAYS double check that stuff. Even just to prevent that little mishap. If only they had sone what Ashlee Simpson did. As long as they don't quit playing until the backing track stops... :ninja:
  16. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Watching that, I have two things to say.

1. I am a completely hopeless fanboy for Amy Lee. And from what my friend told me, they're actually pretty decent live. Hell, you put the guitars in tune and fix the sound, that's a pretty decent, if not all that memorable, award show performance.

2. When that first completely out of tune note hit, the guitar tech(s) were completley and uncerimiously FIRED. Sound guy too. If I ever get to that level, no matter what, last thing I do before I go on-stage is check the tuning. It'll be a band tradition. Some bands gather around each other and do some goofy huddle, my band will gather around a KORG or Boss tuner and make sure THAT doesn't happen.
  17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Off to misc.
  18. [​IMG]