Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Evanescence

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ok so someone finally told me the name of the group that did "bring me to life" on the daredevil soundtrack. I decided to check out the rest of the new cd "Fallen", and its one of the best new releases in the the heavy pop scenes. The whole cd has this wonderful surreal feel to it. I love the way the haunting female vocals mixw itht eh synth, piano, and violins-give the heavy guitar riffs a very balanced feel. What do all think of it?

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I do agree. This group is no joke like a lot of the new music out these days. The Bring ME to Life son gis very epic sounding and not like all of the normal junk out. Her voice is great. I really enjoy them. Not to mention the production quality of the song is great.

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    yah my fav songs on teh cd are "Going Under", "Bring me to Life", and "My Immortal" I think. I had to go to 4 music stores to find one that hadn't sold out. :eek: They are onyl missing one thing- a permanent bassist! I am gonna email tehm and ask if they are interested :D.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I bought this CD about a month ago, and have LOVED it ever since. Amy Lee (I think that's her last name) has one of the best voices Rock music has seen in a LONG time.
    I bought this CD when I was having a rough time with the ex-lady friend, and "My Immortal" was the perfect song for me. Brought me to tears on more than one occasion. Just beautiful. "Tourniquet" is another good one, IMO. Kinda epic and adventurous sounding. I especially love the fact that almost every song, even the hardest rocking ones on the album still have a nice piano and string arrangement. Gives me ideas for an upcoming recording session.
    I'd recommend this CD to just about anyone. Not bad for a pair of 20 year olds!
    Oh...and the singer is pretty cute, too. :D