1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

event promoter messed up

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lee H, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    I think a local music promoter no longer has a career

the long story short was that a three day country music festival was planned, with the headliner being Alan Jackson. Playing today was also supposed to be Ricky Scaggs and Pam Tillis...

The promoter turned Alan Jackson away this morning, then tried to play it down. Apparently the checks were bouncing like rubber balls. Pam Tillis said that she would pay for free, and rumor is that Alam Jackson offered the same... but with fans close to rioting, and the event insurance check being one of the bouncers, local law enforcement pulled the plug. The news is still a little vague, because it only happened a few hours ago, but I think that promoter is done

http://www.redding.com/news/2012/ju...-jackson-cancels-anderson-sh/?partner=popular

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I didn't know any of those artists still went on tour. Bummer deal for the fans though. Keep us updated, I'd like to know what contributed to the financial problems.

-Mike