1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eventide Eclipse FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by edwinhurwitz, Aug 22, 2012.

1. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    I'm selling this because the bills to the aftermath of the trauma of my son's birth are coming due. The great news is that he's fine (he blew holes in his lungs which collapsed and then had seizures. He healed his lungs in 5 days, got out of the NICU in 13 and now the docs say that he has had no perceivable lasting effects from his HIE. We've got our fingers crossed for the future).

It's in great shape and was gone over by Eventide this winter. An amazing box.

$1100 plus shipping.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    wow good luck with the sale! (I work as a respiratory care practitioner in the NICU) so i know what you mean...to a degree........

3. edwinhurwitz

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    I've gotta say that your colleagues are utterly amazing. Xander spent 3 days in a cooling cap and people were joking that at one day old he had a more complicated rig than me! My little nephew saw the photo and said, "Xander lives in the computer room, so he gets to be the boss of the grownups!"

It was amazing to me that after having blown massive holes in his lungs (the worst of this type of injury they had ever seen at Boulder Community-their emergency protocols were reworked after coping with him), he was able to breath room air from the ventilator within 24 hours and breath on his own within 5 days. The staff at Denver Children's did an amazing job. Xander is indeed a miracle baby. He's starting to smile now, which is a huge relief. He looked so serious for so long. It was a week before we could even hold him, so we were concerned that he might continue to have issues with interactions.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in and thanks for all the great work you do. I'm sure it means the world to your patients and their families.

Attached Files:

smperry likes this.
  4. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Anytime and thanks! I'm glad your little one is coming along. I see a vent,5 IV pumps, monitor and cont EEG (head monitor). A smile is always a warmth from any kiddo esp one that has undergone more than most people will in a lifetime.

Good luck with the sale!

Would buy it if I didn't have a little one of my own on the way: next week's my birthday after that no more pedals for a while!

5. edwinhurwitz

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Yup, also the head cooling apparatus and 2 double chest tube machines to pull air out of the chest cavity. It's hard to see that it's a little boy inside all that! BTW, it sounds like from your sig that you could really utilize and eclipse! :)

6. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless your son. Glad to hear that everything is alright.

7. Epidrake

Epidrake

May 24, 2011
    No one can truly understand how difficult it is to go through something with a helpless child. Thank God he's getting stronger. God bless

8. edwinhurwitz

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Price drop.

$1150.

9. edwinhurwitz

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    I realized that this is still here. Price drop to $1100.

10. GoogstheATKplayer

GoogstheATKplayer

Jan 3, 2015
    Rock on Xander!

edwinhurwitz likes this.
  11. edwinhurwitz

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks! He's really amazing these days. Rocking the drum set, keys, and whatever else he can get his hands on, and has a vocabulary that is off the hook (how many 2 year olds do you know who talk about probiotics!).

Xander-2696exp.

smperry likes this.