Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eventide GTR-4000

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassvirtuoso13, Apr 17, 2001.

1. I love my Eventide who else has one and would
    you like to share patches.

2. Whats up wit that. Nobody uses effects. Come on.

3. Does anybody have an effects processor?

4. Dude, Eventide stuff is expensive. Most TBers would probably rather spend $3000 on a badass bass than on an effects processor, no matter how cool.

5. Hey I go to Berklee dude music is my life. Im a bassist and a composer. I find whatever means to get a crazy bass sound nobody has ever heard. I'm an experimentalist and I use effects tastefully. I'm also fond writing music without having to play guitar. With the Eventide I can create guitar lines using my bass. I know it's expensive but it is a valuable tool in the composition process.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, cool. why don't you post some of your compositions for us to hear it in use.

8. I don't have any means of taking the files from my recording computer and putting them on my personal computer. I can tell you a little bit about it. One of my songs is me playing a solo funk line. I add a "3 bassists" effect where it sounds as if more than one bass is playing. One is the normal sound another is a perfect fifth above the root and another is a perfect octave above the major 3rd. It sounds a bit wacky but it makes for some very impresses classmates. There are also a bunch of muted and left hand slaps in it and the ghost notes sound odd when processed.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    My curiousity is piqued by these claims of never before heard bass sounds.

Granted, this is pretty low-tech but...

Send you Mac sound files to a cassette recorder. Take that tape, put it in a portable cassette player and send it into the mic or line inputs on a PC. Create a .wav file or .mp3 ...simple. Then we can all revel in the bright new sound that is you.

Not that I don't know exactly what you're talking about from your description.

10. Do you have access to a CD burner for the Mac? You could encode everything as a standard WAV or AIFF, or (even better) as redbook CD audio.

11. No, my guitarist who lives across from me has the Mac and I have a PC. It doesn't have a burner. Yeah I know, instead of buying the damn Eventide I should have bought a good computer, but hey atleast I have insane effects now. By the way, Victor Wooten has one of these things too, but I've never heard him use it.

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Now now, listen to Brad's advice. Do the cassette recorder-thingy - it may not sound great, but at least it will sound. We really would like to hear your bass mastery, oh great virtuoso.

13. Alright when Josh (my guitarist) returns from his bar hopping escapade I will drop by with a Tascam 4 track (all I got) and record it with that.

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey ASSVIRTUOSO, (oops, typo, sorry moderator), you're my hero. I've been trying to get into Berklee for awhile, but from your posts it looks like my spelling and grammar are too strong. Bummer.

Do you go to Berklee? You haven't mentioned yet.

Berklee must be really easy because I notice that you are averaging 120 posts per day. Wow! I wish I had the talent to post on this website all day. Even our resident heavy poster, JT, is only at about 8.? a day, and he's doing all that moderating. You're definitely my hero.

But seriously, is Whit Appleman still teaching at Berklee?

15. yup the old bearded man still teaches there. hes really great

16. i think you're referring to Rich Appleman who teaches bass correct

17. By the way, I do have roommates who share this nick with me. I'm not the only bassvirtuoso13.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, why don't you all get a band together with all your other virtuosos and post some of your awesome berklee "virtuoso" music :rolleyes:.

19. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    does bassvirtuoso13 go to berklee?

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so he claims, but he is unable to back that information up with any accurate info about the school surroundings, or even just a simple mp3 of his "virtuoso" metal stylings.

so my guess is no, he's just a troll.