1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eventide H9 - modulate the input level?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevteop, Mar 10, 2016.

1. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I had an idea to set up a delay on my H9 where I could set the default input volume to zero and use an aux switch to bring it up momentarily, so I could just fire individual notes or short passages through the delay by pressing a switch, but I can't see any way to set up the input level as a modulating parameter.

Does anyone know if it's possible? I have the latest firmware and editor.

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    If your input volume is zero, how would you get any dry signal when you are playing normally (not trying to do this effect)? This doesn't seem to be the way to do this. I have more thoughts but I don't think I fully understand what you are trying to do yet.

3. Noylin

Noylin Supporting Member

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    I do this all the time but with two clicks. Set bypass to buffered so the delay continues when the effect is bypassed. Click effect on, play notes you want delay on, click effect off, continue playing

4. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    You could try the EHX chill switch and an ABY splitter cable to recombine the outputs. I've done it and it works. I know it is more cables, boxes and real estate but sometimes needs must...

5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Yeah I was a little confused as to why this isn't the best option. I can't remember, you might be able to set one of the switches to momentary so you might be able to have an "effect is only on while I press the button" switch.