1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eventide Pitchfactor love??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jeffgnr90, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    Hunting one of these down at the moment. Really like what I've heard from vids/demos so far. I'm just wondering where it should be in my signal chain. I was thinking up front. Where does everyone like place theres?

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Update the firmware, use pre/post routing, and do both.

3. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    What do you mean by pre/post wiring? Within the pedal or just the way I wire it.on the board?

4. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    The newest firmware has a way for you to put FX in a loop as follows with this routing:

Incoming signal --> input 1 --> output 1 --> loop of other pedals --> input 2 --> output 2 --> rest of chain

The Pitchfactor effect can then be applied before OR after the "loop" on a per preset basis. So something like dirt---there are algorithms that sound better before and others that sound better after. You can only run in mono this way, but IMO it's the way to go.

iGotYourBass and GilGB like this.
  5. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Favorite pedal ever.

The software update enables you to assign where it is in the chain by plugging it in mono in two spots IIRC.

6. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
  7. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    That sounds awesome!

8. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    I wish the line 6 m9 did that. It does something similar I believe, but not like the PF

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    There are a lot of things the PF does that the M9 can't.

Rev. Cornelius and jeffgnr90 like this.
  10. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    Truth. It might be replaced by the eventide. I'll have to wait and see. What's great is that thanks to the functionality of that he PF, I can run my board dual mono like I've always wanted

11. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    Does the PF have a setting like the M9's version of the Whammy?

12. joegrant413

joegrant413

Dec 6, 2009
  13. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    So I have my eventide! Just slapped it on the board and have been playing around with the settings. And I updated the firmware. How do I get to those pre/post routing settings? That vid shows how to do so with the H9 via the app, but not from the device itself it seems.

14. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    jeffgnr90 likes this.
  15. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Sounds like you already got the pedal, but the PF/H9 can do anything the M9 or Whammy can do, and more. The tracking/tone on the (newest) Whammy is a little better for some things than the H9.

16. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011